- When Miranda first left Canada, she worked in Scotland with the International Experience Canada visa, available to all 18-35 year olds to work in dozens of countries around the world. Find out more here
- Auchentoschan scotch is distilled just outside of Glasgow and known as a great ‘breakfast whiskey’
- Eurovision 2014’s Conchita Wurst is a must watch: click here. To go further down the rabbit hole, check out Best of Eurovision, and Abba’s winning year in 1974.
- Český Krumlov is a fabulous little town in the Czech Republic
- “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.” Samuel Johnson
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/9189863/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/445599/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”use_download_link” download_link_text=”Or, download here.” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/libbyj/Miranda-final.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”#445599″ libsyn_item_id=”9189863″ /]Miranda left for Europe in 2005, which kicked off a love story with Glasgow, Scotland. After finishing her initial working visa and working with a temp agency, Miranda studied nursing to eventually move back and get a sponsored visa. Now that Miranda and her son Declan have returned and are setting up life in Winnipeg, we talk pubs, working abroad, pop culture, and homesickness for Glasgow. Then we had a pure dead brilliant night out!